Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Twins Room in progress!

Grammy Snyder made the bumpers, crib skirts, and window vallance!


Okay, has it really been so long since I posted something? I don't even know where to start and I don't want this to be the longest post in history but so much has happened in the last few weeks. I went in for my regular dr. appointment at 35 weeks and the ultrasound showed that the amniotic fluid was low for both babies... that bought me a couple of days in the hospital while the babies were monitored and we waited for the fluid to come back up. I came home August 14th and I was told that I had no more need for bed rest. The doctor basically told us that I had no activity restriction and should go ahead and try to have these babies. Oh I forgot to say that during my hospital stay I had to be given tributalin on two separate occasions to stop contractions. Let's just say after speaking with my doctor we agreed that if I start to labor again there will be NO stopping of anything!
We had a great appointment yesterday and were told that baby b is 6 pounds 9 ounces and baby a is 5 pounds 5 ounces. What a miracle that they are so big... never in a million years would I ever have imagined such an amazing outcome. The fluid looks great and I had the cerclage taken out yesterday. As you can imagine, the last couple of days have been filled with malling walking, trips to Costco, and my favorite Target!.. I am having contractions almost every hour but they only reach a certain intensity and then slow down. Well, that's the latest from over here... we are ready to meet these little men.
Hugs...
36 weeks~ 2 days


4 comments:

Harmonie said...

love the twins' room!
and i love your belly!
hang in there... they are coming soon! xoxo

Jill said...

CONGRATS!!! :D I'll call you soon but don't want to overwhelm you.

merritt said...

Amy, congratulations on the healthy baby boys! So excited to hear the details. Oh, love the room!!

Tiffany said...

Super cute room...congrats on the arrival of 2, count them...2 cute baby boys! I can't wait to come meet them!!!!