Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Rainy Day!

I might sound a bit selfish for a second as I tell you that I feel like this rainy day was created just for me. In the past, dark and stormy days have always made me retreat to the closest pair of pajamas and candles coupled with a good movie. Thanks to my sweet friend Harmonie, I just recieved my first Netflix movies and spent a good part of the morning snuggled in bed with some munchies and "The First Knight" ...one of my top ten favs. It has been easier than normal to stay in bed and be a good girl today and the Lord knew that I would draw new motivation and strength from a rainy day! Some of the midwest folks probably think I'm crazy just about now, but a change in the weather has lifted my spirits.

Oh... and the other reason that it has been so easy to stay in bed today is because of our super-duper nanny Julie. What a God-send she has been to our little family. Canon has wasted no time becoming her shadow and working his hardest to keep her busy. He thinks she's great and the whole thing has been one smooth transition. Praise God for the small miracles! Julie is a beautiful person inside and out and we couldn't have asked for a better answer to prayer. God is good!

Well, I'm going to get back to enjoying this perfect weather... we love you all and thank you for your continued prayers!

~23 weeks 4 days~



2 comments:

angiezemlock said...

Hi Amy and Brycen- I am so grateful that Patty keeps me posted and when she sent this to me I thought "wow this is awesome". Brycen, you are a wonderful loving husband and daddy. I am so proud of you. Amy, I could only imagine that this is not the easiest but as you already know it is so worth it. I love being a mommy and trust me those years go by so fast as I am sure you are already starting to see. Your three boys are blessed to have the two of you.
I will be praying for you-and can not wait to hear more. Always- Angie Zemlock

Grandma Jan and Grandpa Jon said...

We re so glad that everything is going so well...even the weather! We love it too. Thanks, Brycen, for taking such incredible care of our daughter and grandsons. We are praying for you, even when we are viewing the Sistine Chapel in Rome! WE love you all.

Mom and Dad Mac