Monday, May 26, 2008

We made it ~24 weeks~

Hummm... someone looks like they are ready to find some trouble!
Brycen and I are happy to report that we have reached the first goal that we had prayed for.... makeing it to 24 weeks. For those of you who don't know, 24 weeks is the first time that the medical field will call a baby viable if they were to be born at that time. We are not out of the woods yet, but it is definitly something to be thankful for and now we can focus on getting to our next goal of 28 weeks. We know that this is all the Lords doing and we have him to thank for every day that we are able to keep these babies in the place God intended.


Our next doctors appointment is this Thursday and we are praying for another "ticket" to stay out of the hospital for one more week. Obviously we want what is best for the babies and if that means bedrest in the hospital than so be it.... the Lord knows that I would much rather be here at home with Brycen and Canon in the comforts of my own bed. Thank you for praying for the health and safety of the babies and myself...we feel the love and support and we are so grateful. The phone calls and friends and family dropping by have also been a highlight and something I look forward to in a day that can typically be pretty uneventful.


~24 weeks 1 day~

6 comments:

Jill said...

YAY for 24 weeks! I'm so glad. :) Can't wait to see you this weekend for some much-needed sister hangout time. Also: that is such a cute picture of Canon! He's looking so much like Brycen these days, huh? ;)

Carrie Diddle said...

Love your blog!! Patty sent it to me...Congrats on 24 weeks! You look so great! Canon is a doll.
Carrie Maulsby Hines

Marisa said...

It is so inspiring to see the progress you are making through this very difficult step in life! (Trust me, I remember very well) I'm very proud of you and Brycen for pulling together and taking such amazing care of your growing family. Love you all and see you soon!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you all on "Ticket Thursday"

hugs for all of you! Aunt C

Marian. said...

hip hip horray! so thankful for for 24 weeks! we'll keep praying.. canon and brycen look healthy for the wear.. I know they'll be glad to have you back in full force before long.
prayers that you'll get to stay at HOME and have more rainy days in your near future! :) we sure love you.. -s,m,b&b

RFD said...

What a great idea this site is! Thanks to Marisa for sending the link to us! Now The IL Gilchrists can know specifically how to pray for you. Some of our best spiritual growth occurred during the times we only had the option of letting God work! Amy I can SOOOOO relate to how hard it is to let go and let others. Keep up the good work and cherish each whisper from the Lord as you live these days out in His grace.

Welcome to the land of my 3 sons!
Love from Rockford (RFD), Ron and Debi